Claw (爪, Tsume) was a terrorist organisation composed of many espers. They recruited espers to strengthen themselves and planned to overthrow the world government. The organisation was founded and led by Toichiro Suzuki, but since he was defeated, it now seems to be defunct.
- 1 Hierarchy
- 2 Divisions
- 3 Members
- 4 Notes & Trivia
- 5 References
The Boss is the supreme leader of Claw. The only person to hold this position was Toichiro Suzuki.
As the leader of Claw, the boss held command of hundreds, even thousands of espers all over the world, quite a few of whom were very strong. He had the authority to have any espers within the organization promoted, demoted, transferred to a different branch, or even eliminated.
In terms of combat ability, Toichiro was the most powerful esper in the entire organization. He was able to defeat numerous powerful espers with a wide variety of different abilities who were later dubbed the Scars (see below). Toichiro has the ability to stockpile and accumulate massive amounts of raw psychic power, something he did continuously for 20 years. Even with such massive amounts of raw power, he is able to control the power output precisely.
Perhaps his most notable ability, Toichiro can transfer psychic energy to other people, even non-espers. Someone with psychic powers would gain a great boost in strength, and someone without powers would gain them. Toichiro can also absorb psychic energy from other people within range, allowing him to increase his own power.
The Ultimate 5 (5超, Gochō) were the true upper echelon of Claw. They worked directly under the boss and were the only ones he really trusted. Each member was immensely powerful and possessed a variety of unique abilities. However, they were ultimately just batteries for Toichiro.
- Katsuya Serizawa: Carried an umbrella which he used to channel immense amounts of psychic energy. He could use the umbrella as both a shield and a bludgeon. He was also able to discharge powerful energy blasts through the umbrella. According to Toichiro Suzuki, he is the strongest of the Ultimate 5 and acted as his personal bodyguard.
- Ryo Shimazaki: Has several abilities, including teleportation, a dense psychic barrier, reading enemy movement, and being able to detect all espers within a 200m radius. He is one of Claw's main enforcers, even being given the responsibility of kidnapping the Prime Minister.
- Toshiki Minegishi: Possesses chlorokinesis, letting him create and control plant matter.
- Hiroshi Shibata: Uses psychic power to manipulate his muscle mass, giving him super strength.
- Nozomu Hatori: Possesses technokinesis, letting him hijack and manipulate electronics and radio signals. He acts as a support to the entire organization, having little direct combat potential.
The Scars (傷, Kizu) were the supposed upper echelon of Claw and the strongest combatants within the divisions of the organisation. In each division, there was one Scar who was more powerful than the other Scars of that division. This most powerful Scar held the position of "division leader".
Unlike the foot soldiers of Claw, whose psychic powers were somewhat negligible, the Scars were particularly powerful espers who could hold their own in combat and possessed special techniques.
When a member of Claw defied and/or challenged the boss, a wound was placed on their face and they become a Scar. According to the Scars themselves, the scar was a representation of the boss acknowledging the recipient's skills. In actuality however, the the scars were marks to show the recipients had been "crossed out" and deemed useless by the boss; they would be disposed of once world domination was completed.
The Foot Soldiers were the subordinates of Claw and made up a vast majority of the organization. The were fairy weak espers who worked under the command of the upper echelon at the various branches.
The Recruits were young espers that were captured by claw and subjected to brainwashing to turn them into loyal subordinates. Their strength as espers varied.
In the 7th division, the brainwashing was carried out by one of the Scars who had the power to make people hallucinate. He would show recruits fearful visions of death in order to scare them into submission. It is currently unknown how the other divisions brainwashed their own recruits.
The HQ was the most important division in the Claw hierarchy, composed of the boss, the Ultimate 5, the Antenna Team, many low-ranking subordinates, and an army of 600 espers. It was revealed by Matsuo that everyone in the 600 person army was originally a non-esper; however, after Suzuki imbued them with his power, they were powerful enough in groups to collapse buildings without breaking a sweat. Fukuda, Higashio, and Ootsuki were also once former Scars from the HQ, but later joined Sho in his resistance against his father.
In preparation for world domination, the boss hired ten (five in the anime) foreign mercenaries from around the world, rumoured to be on par with Claw's strongest espers, the Ultimate 5. However, they later turned against the organisation and were annihilated by the Ultimate 5 after a failed attempt from an assassin sent by the government to overthrow the boss.
Claw receives massive financial backup for its army from several religious cults, including the "Amaterasu House", "Creation Tree", "Karma Club", "Future Outlook Board", etc. These cults were started by the organisation within the last 20 years via impressing followers with psychic powers. In return for the sponsorship, they were promised a position after Claw conquered the world. The building belonging to the "Amaterasu House" cult was used as the meeting point for the organisation before the world domination plan initiated.
The Antenna Team was a group of espers specialised in extra-sensory perception created by the boss to supervise all internal and external activities. They were used in the world domination attempt to monitor the ongoing battles, contact with the Ultimate 5, and search for espers throughout Seasoning City.
The 1st Division
The 1st Division of Claw was led by Tamaki.
The 2nd Division
The 2nd Division of Claw was led by Furutachi.
The 3rd Division
The 3rd Division of Claw was led by Ebiwara.
The 4th Division
The 4th Division of Claw was led by Yanagawa.
The 5th Division
The 5th Division of Claw was led by Sakakibara.
The 6th Division
The 6th Division of Claw was led by Igarashi.
The 7th Division
The former 7th Division of Claw was located in Japan. Sho Suzuki was sent to report on the division and send anyone with potential back to Claw's HQ, but later disbanding it after witnessing how "weak" they were. At the time of its disbandment, there were 11 Scars, led by Ishiguro.
|1st Division||2nd Division||3rd Division||4th Division||5th Division|
|6th Division||7th Division|
Notes & Trivia
- The Claw logo is exclusive to the anime.
- The anime omitted the dialogue in which Toichiro Suzuki tells Joseph that Katsuya Serizawa is the strongest of the Ultimate 5, and in the anime Shimazaki is claimed to be the strongest of the Ultimate 5 instead.
- The Antenna Team is completely absent from the anime adaptation.
- Mob Psycho 100 Manga — Vol. 4 Chapter 34 (page 5).
- OnePunch-Man Manga; Chapter 81, page 5
- OnePunch-Man Manga; Chapter 84, page 24
Mob Psycho 100 Manga — Vol.
5 Chapter 35 (page 5).
Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Scar" defined multiple times with different content
- Mob Psycho 100 Manga — Vol. 10 Chapter 80 (page 6).
- Mob Psycho 100 Manga — Vol. 10 Chapter 79 (page 10).
- Mob Psycho 100 Manga — Vol. 10 Chapter 79 (page 5).
- Mob Psycho 100 Manga — Vol. 11 Chapter 84 (page 25).